WHAT IS THE ACTION COALITION?
The ACTION Coalition was formed in July 2012 when a number of like-minded organisations and activists decided to focus their resources (human and financial) to foreground access to information (ATI) on the policy and governance agenda of the Namibian Government as part of its commitment to eradicate corruption through fostering good governance practices throughout the state. Since then, the ACTION Coalition has been instrumental in raising ATI’s and freedom of expression’s (FoX) profiles as political issues. The ACTION Coalition has campaigned and advocated forcefully for a formal and comprehensive ATI legislative framework to improve accountability and transparency across all sectors of Namibian society.
WHAT WE DO
In our attempts to further the causes of access to information (ATI) and freedom of expression (FoX), the ACTION Coalition engages in the following activities:
- Capacity building and awareness raising through regular workshops and meetings with interested and affected individuals, organizations, members and partners.
- Regularly engaging with and advising relevant government and private entities on improving the Namibian ATI
- Issuing statements, alerts, briefs, etc. on issues impacting ATI and FoX in Namibia.
- Supporting the work of members by drawing on our extensive professional networks of local, regional and
international experts and specialists.
- Supporting multilateral efforts to spread the message of strengthened ATI.
- Playing a leading role in Namibian Internet governance processes in the furtherance of FoX online
- Connecting and liaising with like-minded organizations and movements across the African continent and beyond.
BECOME A MEMBER
The ACTION Coalition actively seeks to grow its membership base. Members are drawn into all coalition activities, on the principle of ‘active participation’, and are engaged in the process of shaping the coalition’s agenda and activity schedule, based on their views and needs in the context of ATI and FoX.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us.
BECOME A PARTNER
Partners are important pillars that provide invaluable resources which allow the ACTION Coalition to rollout its activities.
We have two types of partnerships:
• Expert and technical partners
• Donor or sponsoring partners
If you are interested in becoming a partner, please contact us.
WHERE TO FIND US